Our Vibrant Retirement Community
Located in Worcester, Pennsylvania, Meadowood is a nonprofit retirement community where residents have the freedom to create their own lifestyle. Our naturally beautiful campus provides a wealth of services and amenities, several customizable residential home designs and a continuum of flexible healthcare services.
- A 131-acre neighborhood retirement community with manicured gardens, scenic trails and naturally beautiful grounds
- Residential choices in independent living, including customizable apartments, courtyard homes and classic English carriage homes
- Additional levels of care available in personal care, skilled nursing, rehabilitation and memory care
- Full continuum of care and choice of fee structures
- An active senior retirement community that promotes personal growth through lifelong learning, cultural and recreational activities, social opportunities, holistic wellness and spiritual enrichment
- Activities including a fitness center and indoor swimming pool, art and ceramics studios, woodworking and craft shops, computer lab, 8,000-volume library with fireplace, flower and vegetable garden areas, shopping and dining excursions, and more
- Over 60 groups, clubs and other organizations that promote community participation
- Amenities including a beauty salon and barber, bank, postal services, Gosling’s Nest gift shop, guest house accommodations, a robust fitness program and facilities, and more
- Central Montgomery County location convenient to Philadelphia, King of Prussia, Valley Forge, Blue Bell and the Pennsylvania Turnpike
Meadowood Senior Living provides the highest quality of life for all who experience our community.
The vision for Meadowood began in 1982, when Bill and Sylvia Strasburg formed a nonprofit board to create a retirement community on the property of Malcolm and Blanche Schweiker, parents of former senator and U.S. Cabinet member Richard Schweiker. Bill and Sylvia now call Meadowood home.
Meadowood was founded on a three-legged stool philosophy, which means our residents, board and management all play an important role in making decisions that shape and enrich our community. Since opening our doors in 1988, members of our team have worked together to create one of the region’s finest Life Plan Retirement Communities. We have enhanced our beautiful green campus with West Hill carriage homes and plans for an expanded weight room, cool-water lap pool, central courtyard and expanded rehabilitation, to continue empowering our residents with independence, life enrichment and quality choices.
Quality First: a Promise to Our Residents
Quality First is the aging service field’s national quality improvement initiative. Launched in 2002 by LeadingAge, the American Health Care Association (AHCA) and the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care, the initiative demonstrates the aging service field’s commitment to quality.
Both management and the Board of Directors are in full support of the LeadingAge Quality First Covenant and have made the Quality First pledge.
- We are committed to achieving excellence in the quality of care and services provided to consumers and to earning the public’s trust.
- We believe that aging has a fulfilling purpose in life and that our society’s elders have enduring value to family and community.
- We believe that Meadowood, a nonprofit organization, has a special role in society to provide healthy, affordable and ethical aging services. Our objective is to provide the highest-quality and most compassionate care and services to the people we serve.
- We believe that the field of aging services should adhere to applicable legal, ethical and professional standards that are based on stated values and policies.
- We believe that we should strive, to the best of our ability, to offer programs and services that are based on contemporary research and knowledge in order to meet the needs of the people we serve, along with our paid and volunteer caregivers.