What Is Quality First?
Quality First is the aging-service field’s national quality improvement initiative. Launched in 2002 by LeadingAge, the American Health Care Association (AHCA) and the Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care, the initiative demonstrates the aging-service field’s commitment to quality.
Quality First Is a Promise to Our Residents
Both management and the board of directors are in full support of the LeadingAge Quality First Covenant, making the following pledge to maximize quality of life for the residents at Meadowood.
- We are committed to achieving excellence in the quality of care and services provided to consumers and to earning the public’s trust.
- We believe that aging has a fulfilling purpose in life and that our society’s elders have enduring value to family and community.
- We believe that Meadowood, a nonprofit organization, has a special role in society to provide healthy, affordable, and ethical aging services. Our objective is to provide the highest quality and most compassionate care and services to the people we serve.
- We believe that the field of aging services should adhere to applicable legal, ethical and professional standards that are based on stated values and policies.
- We believe that we should strive to the best of our ability to offer programs and services that are based on contemporary research and knowledge in order to meet the needs of the people we serve along with our paid and volunteer caregivers.