A Healthy Outlook on Life
As an active senior living community,Meadowood provides many ways for you to maximize the six aspects of wellness: spiritual, intellectual, physical, social, vocational and emotional. Choose from a wide variety of recreational activities that not only keep you healthy and strong, but are also intellectually stimulating and fun.
Enjoy the revitalizing warmth of our indoor therapy pool. Work out in our fitness center or improve your overall fitness with Tai Chi or a strength training class. Join friends for line dancing, ballroom dancing and square dancing. Or take advantage of our walking trails to enjoy the natural beauty of our campus.
From individualized workouts to sociable fitness experiences, our diverse health and wellness activities make it easy to incorporate fitness into your everyday lifestyle.
Wellness choices, activities and services provided on campus:
- Indoor therapy pool with massaging Jacuzzi jets and endless swim lane
- Aqua-aerobic classes and open swim sessions
- Pool locker rooms, including showers and dressing areas
- 1,600-square-foot state-of-the-art strength and weight training room with Keiser equipment
- Exercise room with cardiovascular fitness equipment
- Strength training classes held twice a week
- Tai Chi (improves concentration, balance and energy flow)
- Specially choreographed exercise classes
- Line dancing, square dancing and Zumba
- Classes taught by a professional, certified staff
- Individual instruction provided to newcomers
- Progress charts and recognition parties to motivate exercisers
- Personal training and massage available on a fee-for-service basis