Our Vibrant Retirement Community
Located in Worcester, Pennsylvania, Meadowood is a nonprofit retirement community where residents have the freedom to create their own lifestyle. Our Life Plan Community, also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community, is located on a naturally beautiful campus. Meadowood provides a wealth of services and amenities, several customizable residential home designs and a continuum of flexible health care services.
- A 131-acre neighborhood retirement community with manicured gardens, scenic trails and naturally beautiful grounds
- Residential choices in Independent Living, including customizable apartments, courtyard homes, classic English carriage homes and our new expansion, The Grove
- A full continuum of care, including Catered Living, Personal Care, Skilled Nursing Care, Home Health Care, Rehabilitation, Memory Care and Meadowood At Home, our new, all-inclusive plan for aging successfully at home
- A choice of contract options and pricing plans
- A lifestyle filled with personal growth through lifelong learning, cultural and recreational activities, social opportunities, holistic wellness and spiritual enrichment
- A state-of-the-art fitness center
- A brand-new,1,600-square-foot strength training room with a newly renovated locker room, featuring seven private changing rooms — complete with showers
- Two indoor swimming pools
- Newly renovated dining options
- An outdoor wellness courtyard, including walkways, a stream, an outdoor kitchen, a fire pit, wind sculptures and an area for aerobics, badminton, yoga and other group fitness classes
- An open, bright aerobics studio, overlooking the new courtyard
- Dedicated areas for life-enriching pursuits, including art and ceramics studios, woodworking and craft shops, computer lab, 8,000-volume library with fireplace and flower and vegetable garden areas
- Shopping and dining excursions
- Over 60 resident-created and -run groups, clubs and other organizations that promote community participation
- Amenities, including a beauty salon and barbershop, bank, postal services, the Gosling’s Nest gift shop, guest house accommodations and more
- A Central Montgomery County location convenient to area attractions in Philadelphia, King of Prussia, Valley Forge, Blue Bell and the Pennsylvania Turnpike
Meadowood Senior Living provides the highest quality of life for all who experience our community.
The vision for Meadowood began in 1982, when Bill and Sylvia Strasburg formed a nonprofit board to create a retirement community on the property of Malcolm and Blanche Schweiker, parents of former senator and U.S. Cabinet member Richard Schweiker. Bill and Sylvia now call Meadowood home.
Meadowood was founded on a three-legged stool philosophy, which means that our residents, board and management team all play an important role in making decisions that shape and enrich our community. Since opening our doors in 1988, members of our team have worked together to create one of the region’s finest Life Plan Communities. We have enhanced our beautiful green campus with a new renovation that includes an expanded weight training room, a cool-water lap pool, a central wellness courtyard and expanded Rehabilitation facilities. We’ve also opened Meadowood At Home, a new, all-inclusive plan to help active, independent, seniors age successfully at home, and we’ve broken ground on The Grove, a new expansion of 52 spacious, light-filled, open-plan residences with corner views of our park-like campus. Everything we do is designed to continue to empower our residents with independence, life enrichment and quality choices.
None of these new enhancements would be possible without the support of our volunteers and donors, who have given so generously of their time, talents and funds to support the Meadowood community.
Prospective residents may begin to experience our active, engaging lifestyle by joining the Meadowood Club, and get answers to their questions about life at Meadowood in our Q&A. We also want to do everything we can to help residents of Meadowood and the greater community live their best lives, so we’ve compiled a list of helpful resources.