January 8, 2021
At Meadowood, the health and safety of those who live and work on campus is our highest priority.
Meadowood team members are working closely with local, state, and federal officials to stay up-to-date about the outbreak to ensure we are taking the necessary precautions to protect our residents and staff and are following guidelines set forth by the CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health. Meadowood continues to review and update policies and procedures for preventive purposes and is providing safe operations during this public health concern.
We are working diligently to give our entire team access to the vaccine. Our health center residents and staff who have chosen to do so have received the first dose of the vaccine. We’re thankful that we’ve started the process to protect our team and we look forward to the rest of our community having the opportunity to be vaccinated.
Visitation and Screening:
The guidelines below have been implemented in order to keep our residents and employees safe.
Health Center (Skilled Nursing, Personal Care, and Memory Care)
Visitation to the Health Center is currently suspended. To arrange a compassionate care visit, please contact nursing administration or social services.
Please see the below updated visitor guidelines:
- Visitation is currently suspended, except in the case of emergencies, compassionate care or caregiving that is pre-approved. Please contact Resident Care at 610.584.3632 or 610.584.7533.
- No indoor or group activities permitted.
- Fitness and wellness facilities are closed.
- Communal dining is closed.
Employees and essential visitors are being screened, according to CDC guidelines.
Resident wellness and engagement:
Meadowood remains steadfast in honoring all dimensions of wellness to residents even through the most challenging circumstances. We are committed to keep every resident in the community engaged by meeting their individual wellness needs through a variety of physical, emotional, spiritual, vocational, social and intellectual programming options.
We are looking at safety restrictions as an opportunity to rise up. We are collaborating with multiple departments, and focused on keeping our community healthy, connected, and well.
Below are some of the innovative programming that we are offering:
- Wellness Walks around the community.
- Health Center residents maintain social distance outside their room doors and participate in hallway exercise programs focusing on movement, music and fun.
- An outside workout in a different courtyard each day that focuses on cardiovascular health, strength training, balance and stretches for physical health.
- Meditation in the Wellness Garden each morning.
- Motivational messages from the our chaplain.
- Fitness classes have been posted on the MRA (Meadowood Resident Association) website and live streamed on our closed-circuit television channel.
- Outdoor wellness classes (conductorcize, sit and fit, strength and stretch) and wellness walks in the garden.
- Virtual classes through Microsoft teams and a phone conference line for programs such as; Brain Health, Trivia, Karaoke/Sing a longs, Wellness chats, and Journaling classes to provide intellectual stimulation.
- Virtual personal training and wellness coaching.
- Weekly game show streamed on the channel with resident participation.
- For a sample schedule of our fitness and wellness schedule, please click here.
Resident Care Services:
This department provides health services for all in residential living. They respond to all sick, urgent, and emergency calls, as well as run wellness services and coordinate primary and specialty physician services. In addition to all of our routine services, we have instituted some additional care which includes:
- Regular check-ins by phone to those who are most vulnerable due to age, and underlying health conditions.
- Education on good infection control procedures for residents.
- Working collaboratively with Social Worker on completing assessments for those who are experiencing increased feelings of anxiety or isolation.
- Screening and follow up form is required for all residents returning back to their homes after out-of-state travel.
Our team continues to be proactive, monitoring new developments and updating policies. We are ready to take prompt and effective action as needed. We are asking residents, families and team members to be diligent with prevention to keep members of our community safe.
Thank you for your cooperation.
President & CEO