When you’re looking for a retirement residence, Meadowood has a lot of options to consider. Should you choose a courtyard home? A stand-alone carriage home? An apartment connected to the community center?
Now there’s a new type of residence at Meadowood that offers unique advantages. It’s a 52-residence expansion called The Grove, and it’s especially appealing to people who love their house or cottage, but may not love the upkeep that goes along with it. Offering the maintenance-free living of an apartment with the space and privacy of a home, this option gives you the best of all worlds.
Here are five reasons why you’ll want to put The Grove at the top of your list:
1. Open-concept living — “The Grove has a very open floor plan,” says Eric. S. McRoberts, a partner with RLPS Architects, the Lancaster-based firm that designed it. “The living room, the dining room and the kitchen come across like a great room, which is just reflective of a much more casual lifestyle that people prefer right now.” The Grove is available in one- and two-bedroom floor plans of 1,300 to 1,800 square feet.
2. Customizable design — The ability to customize a home to suit a resident’s distinctive lifestyle and personality is very appealing, according to McRoberts. “That might be different types of appliances in the kitchen, where you might put in a wall unit instead of a range,” he says. “The kitchens and the bathrooms become the two areas where people really like to upgrade.”
3. Light-filled corner views — With The Grove’s unique design and compact footprint, every home is a corner home. Each residence features large windows or balconies on the sides and front for an abundance of natural light, as well as pristine views of a beautifully manicured courtyard or woods. “The notion of preserving open space was just so important to us,” says Meadowood President and CEO Paul Nordeman, who took an active part in the design process.
4. Convenience — While living in The Grove will give you abundant privacy, it is still only 100 yards away from the community center. This means that you can easily take advantage of the full breadth of Meadowood offerings, including a state-of-the-art gym, two indoor pools, multiple dining venues, art rooms, performance spaces and a wellness courtyard that features streams, walkways, an outdoor kitchen, a fire pit and more. Another important advantage is the ease of maintenance-free living. From shoveling the walks to mowing the lawn, Meadowood takes care of it all, giving you more time to do the things you want to do. And with ground-level indoor parking, there’s no more scraping the windshield, either!
5. Sense of community — As a resident of The Grove, not only will you be part of the larger Meadowood community, but you’ll form special bonds within your neighborhood as well. According to Paul, the new homes “create a great opportunity for community building,” as each building features its own hearth room with fireplace and comfortable seating area, perfect for socializing with neighbors. “The spirit of community is what drives us,” he adds.
Get a Feel for The Grove
The more you get to know The Grove, the more appealing you’ll find it. The new expansion is over 50 percent sold, and right now, Meadowood is offering special, limited-time incentives on remaining residences. To learn more, call 610.584.1000 or visit TheGroveAtMeadowood.net.